XENIOS not only stands for sustainable and fairly produced fashion but also for a sea turtle project in Cyprus. Together with the Cyprus Diving Center we are committed to protecting sea turtles in Cyprus.
To this end, we launched the Xenios project, which consists of three parts
Probably the most important task is to collect data about the sea turtles. We need this to find out how many sea turtles live off the coast, what influence humans and tourism have on them and how they behave.
Marine pollution is one of the most well-known and biggest problems for sea turtles. We therefore carry out regular clean-ups on land and in the water.
The waste is then counted and evaluated together with PADI Aware.
One of the most powerful weapons for sea turtle conservation is knowledge. We therefore offer regular courses and inform the local population.
To this end, together with PADI, we have designed our own courses for divers and snorkelers.
In order for us to move forward with our project, we need a great team. All employees in the project are employed and insured by the diving school. You work around 50% for the diving school and 50% for the project.
Luca has a master's degree in marine biology and is the main person responsible for the database. Since he completed his PADI Divemaster in spring 2023, he has also regularly led our snorkeling tours to the sea turtles off Cyprus.
Chiara is also a marine biologist and has been involved in the project since the beginning. She mainly helped with setting up the database and the clean ups. She has been a PADI diving instructor since spring 2023 and, among other things, trains our popular PADI Mediterranean Sea Turtle Specialty course.
Tanya is the good soul behind the front. She organizes everything in the background and takes care of all communication. Your years of experience as an organizer are extremely helpful to us. She always has great, new ideas and is full of energy.
Daniel is the founder and leader of the Xenios project. He is primarily responsible for coordinating and linking the individual areas.
How does your purchase support us?
10% of every order goes to our Xenios project in Cyprus. The remaining 90% is used primarily for product costs, administration costs and as a reserve. There are also employee costs in the back office.
What is the 10% used for?
Our team also receives a salary for their work on the Xenios project. This is partly financed by the sale of Xenios Fashion. The remaining amount comes from the Cyprus Diving Center.
Costs such as protective material, travel costs, food for helpers and disposal fees.
Costs for signs and online information such as a Facebook advertising campaign “Feeding turtles kills!”
Various costs for maintaining the database, hosting fees.